Thick and fit


 




Growing up calling someone fat made them uneasy. They rather used other adjectives to describe themselves - I'm not fat, I'm big, I'm chubby, and most recently I'm thick. Hey guys, welcome to the blog.

Back in the day we were told that "fat" people were unfit, lazy, had body odour and were more susceptible to diseases, I'm here in Wike's voice to tell you, "all fake".  I'm going to use the words of a longtime friend who's thick and fitter than even I  here:

"In my own words being thick and fit is very possible, people might likely not understand because they just can't relate. I'm able to do most things any other person can, I dance, do sports, wear fitted clothings and still feel good under my own skin, sometimes I do strenuous activity and can't catch my breath....yaya!!!....as do sooo many other slim folks out there, even scientists have debunked the theory that your BMI determines how healthy you are or if you're obese, then you're unfit.....For example, no matter how you look, if you have energy, wake up feeling refreshed, and can do everyday tasks like climbing the stairs or getting up from a chair without getting out of breath, you’re very likely fit no matter your size. I'm over a 100 kg, yeah I'm thick but I can and love to play sports like lawn tennis, I lift weights at the gym and dance alot so I guess I'm also fit".

Research suggests that just because someone is overweight, it doesn't mean they are not fit or healthy. Yes, you can be overweight and healthy, according to the National Institutes of Health's 1998 report - Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. Body odour isn't size specific and neither is happiness.

The demerits that come with plus size are there yes, but we must also realise that being overweight is sometimes genetics. Research suggests that for some people, genes account for just 25% of the predisposition to be overweight, while for others the genetic influence is as high as 70% to 80%.

As with everything that has disadvantages, there are advantages to being thick too. Some such advantages include:-
• Reduced risk of rheumatoid arthritis
• Lower likelihood of dementia
• Likely to increase longevity and recovery time.
• Stronger immune system.

While the disadvantages of being overweight are mostly broadcast, today we tell you that you're beautiful in being, whatever size or shape, thick or slim we can all be fit.









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Definitions

The advice

Kolo