For you (Joe and Love)


 It's easier to relate with you,

I don't feel the need to act a certain way,

To have a certain " "...

I feel at peace, and loved, and protected, yet...

I am not in love.

Maybe because I feel the need to be more,

And if you're not asking for more, that should mean I am enough.

But I've never felt like I was enough, so how do I reconcile?

This love you have for me,

It's consuming me, I should finally be content,

Yet if I dare say, I'm ravenous,

Your love is interesting to watch as it unfolds but,

I'm not sure I want to see past the wrapping sheet. 


It's easier to navigate through things with you,

I don't need to act like I know where I'm headed.

To pretend that I " " ...

I feel at home, safe, and secure, yet...

I am not in love.

Maybe because I'm constantly searching,

And if you aren't looking for something, it means you've found what you need.

But, I've never felt like I was needed, so how do I reconcile?

This love you have for me overwhelms me.

I should finally be filled,

Yet if I dare say, I'm starving.

Your love is like music, I love the melody,

But, I'm not sure I want to listen to the lyrics.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Definitions

The advice

Kolo