The Revelation

 I learnt something new, may be by revelation or just as time was due. Happy new month lovelies, been a minute.


I realized that we tend to talk about the people we love a lot, I mean if you've met me, you probably know who I love. I'm learning to juxtapose my relationship with God with my relationship with whomever I date. You see the thing is, I'm an attention hog so I tend to want to talk to him about everything, yet I have a God who wants me to talk to Him about everything. See I'm learning that a love triangle involves me chasing a man, and a God who desperately yearns for the attention I seek to give another. 


A simple instance is in the fact that I've dated men that I could speak about all day and didn't call, but felt the love still booming for them, yet no communication was made because of one clumsy reason or another. Its a replica of the fact that I sometimes talk about God's goodness and grace all day long without talking to Him. Have we not said that communication is key in any relationship? Or do you not see your walk with God as such, a relationship?

So while I might talk about my baby all day and not call him, I can be tempted by the person who's in close proximity to me because, I see him all the time and talk to him all the time. That's how sin creeps in by the way. Whilst we talk about God and not to H


im, we give room for the devil to give us his "wise counsel" and lead us astray.


See, the thing is we underrate the power of communication in any relationship, and as such, we're literally tearing at the very fabric of such relationship. I realized that I can go days without praying because all day I talked about oh how God was merciful with that, or how He was so tender in that, or how He is too faithful to fail me, but I still never got to speak with Him. Its the same way I talked all day about how I love a man that I didn't pick up my phone to call or text. How then do we communicate such love? 


Okay if you're honest when last did you pray? But today you've called the name Jesus at least twice haven't you? When last did you call bae? But you've earnestly frolicked with the thought about them haven't you? If you love someone you communicate, and as I learn to do that more often with God, I'm sure He has a way to fix my house as well. And yeah, I'll learn to communicate with bae as well.


Take home with you this honest truth, instead of talking about them, talk with and to them.

Comments

  1. This is quite inspiring....its exactly how I feel too, instead of talking about God, why not talk to God.... you get better results that way too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Definitions

The advice

Kolo