...it isn't foreign...

 Here people try to juxtapose your pain with someone who "supposedly" has it worse as a means to make you understand that you have it better, and that should magically fix whatever you're going through. All I can say is lol.

Hi lovelies welcome to the blog.


Pain isn't foreign to anyone though most people choose to act like they don't know what it is, that's fine too, but you that is a bad actor/actress, don't let the stars in the painless movies pressure you into thinking less of yourself or hurrying into societal standards of a period of grief or sullenness, its the reason why we have more death tolls and angry people, just take time to breathe and stay down until you feel livened enough to be your perfect self again. 


If you feel down about something, you're entitled to feel all the feels that come with it, every tear, sleepless night, and all, feel it and don't let anyone rebuke your sulking because therein lies the healing. Now I know one thing, people will always have their opinions (it is their right) but, you have the ultimate decision to not let their opinion influence your feeling (its your own right). So when Mathias brings his opinion about how you should feel, leave matter for Mathias and do what you must to feel better.


I'm an overly sensitive person so a lot of things hurt me, then I have parents who think its silly when I sit back and say I'm having a life survey because apparently there are people my age who have it worse and keep smiling and tugging on this boat called life. Last time my mom tried to cheer me up with that sermon I asked a simple question, "don't I have peers who're doing excellently well?", she didn't get the space for a comeback when I said again, "why do you think that you're making me feel better when you put me in contrast with the worst, do you think I'm mediocre?", needless to say it was a silent drive afterwards with only the undertone of music from the FM station on.


I'm not saying you should dwell in your pain, never, I'm not even about to allow you do that, what I'm saying however is that if something hurt you and it'll take you a week to get over it, but Nancy with the good hair went through worse and bounced back like nothing happened, so Amarachi with the foul scratch handwriting is asking you to hurry through your down period, block her number until further notice and take as much time as you need to feel better. Las las this life na one and nobody, I repeat nobody can fix you, just you can.


So yeah title your pain, go through it, keep whomever you choose to in the know, take progress as it comes and just don't mask your pain, it won't lead you anywhere. Yes, my darlings, don't try to turn to a vice for help, it doesn't do jack, it'll remain after your high has passed, and you'll just keep churning it around until you can sit and figure out what to do with it, and if you can't on your own seek help, because like a wiseman once said "we're all products of help".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Definitions

The advice

Kolo